We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post or website.
Valentine’s Day Alone?
Valentine’s Day is a week away and if you’re unattached and single and that can be a bummer. I’m sure nobody wants to be alone on Valentine’s Day. I hated Valentine’s Day as a divorced single, not dating with no prospects. Well…that was until I began to celebrate my relationship with myself by learning about self-love.
It’s time to take in this Valentine “love energy” floating in the air, on the internet, radio, and TV and aim it toward yourself. After all, you can’t fully love someone else until you learn to love yourself. So how will you treat yourself this Valentine’s Day?
How will you treat yourself this Valentine’s Day?
And NO, I don’t want you to spend lots of money (unless you have and excess). What I do want you to do for yourself is show some self-love. Below I’ve made a couple of lists of suggestions for your Valentine’s Day “self-lovathon.” Choose something to do for yourself to show how much you care about you…in fact, choose two or three to show some extra love. After all, this is for Valentine’s Day.
If you have some money to spend:
- Send yourself flowers with a card that reads: To Me with Love!
- Get a manicure or pedicure, a massage or have a Chakra alignment.
- Take yourself out to dinner, candlelight, wine, roses, dressed out.
- Go to the Theater to see a musical or the opera or an orchestra performance.
And if your cash flow is limited, stay on your budget by doing a few things on this list:
- Prepare a special candlelight dinner for yourself at home.
- Listen to some upbeat music that celebrates the wonder of love. (Especially love for yourself.)
- Watch your favorite uplifting movie like an uplifting romance or comedy on cable.
- Try your following or maybe dreaming about your passion in life. Make plan because once you have a plan, it is no longer a dream or wish.
- Make yourself a Valentine card telling you what you love most about YOU! Make a list of at least five things.
- If you have children, celebrate with them. At the same time, you can teach them about self-love while having them make Valentine’s cards for themselves, each other, and don’t let them forget YOU!
- Spend some time with your pets since they are a part of your family and give you unconditional love daily.
- Go for a nice long walk and fully while being “present moment” looking at all the gifts God gives us. Be thankful, full of positive thoughts about nature, you and others. Oh, and don’t forget to than your God!
- Try relaxing in a long bath with candlelight and aromatherapy while some quiet meditative music is playing. (With children, do this after they’re in bed for the night.)
- Last…before you go to sleep, write in your journal or diary what a wonderful Valentine’s Day you had. If you don’t journal, write yourself a letter and tuck it away for next year.
Now tell me… how will YOU treat yourself in a loving way this Valentine’s Day?