Day 12 – Bullet point your whole day.
Hectic Schedule?…No Kidding!
My daily schedule changes but I do have one. Today was June 2nd and I keep a daily agenda on my Google calendar and it’s emailed to me each morning at 5am. I don’t wake up at that time…I’m not that crazy.
So here goes.
- 7am-Woke up, went to bathroom.
- 7:15am-Wandered to kitchen to a) let Guiness my dog out and b) get coffee.
- 7:30am -Talking with my daughter, 3yo grandson, and son-in-law before they left for daycare and work. Also, my 6yo granddaughter got up.
- 7:35am-Got my granddaughter breakfast of cereal, milk, and applesauce.
- 7:40am-Granddaughter and I return to my in-law suite with Guiness, the dog.
- 7:45am-Fed Elvis and Cleo (my cats) breakfast. Cleo is on a diet so she get only 1/4 cup of Royal Canin Weightloss Formula. Elvis gets 1/2 cup of Target generic cat food. Made sure all had fresh water. Gave Guiness his treat for going potty.
- 7:55am-Turn on TV to CNN to watch some news and finish drinking my coffee.
- 8:15am-Take AM medications. brush teeth, take shower after turning on Disney channel for my granddaughter.
- 8:30am-Finished with shower and turn on my laptop. Check my Google email agenda as well as To Do List. Agenda is below.
Tuesday, June 2Susan’s Personal-write dailySusanspetblog write9:00amCall Dr. Cole re Cleo appt5:00pm GoToWebinar – Canva & BuzzSumo – 10 Ways To Maximize Your Impact With Images
- Read headlines on ABC and NBC as well as LifeHacker. Read any stories that interest me.
- 8:45am-Check my Outlook emails (personal account) and follow-up as needed. Keep list of retweeters @susanspetblog id to thank later.
- 8:55am-Check my Gmail emails (business account) and follow-up as needed.
- 9:00am-Call Dr. Cole about appt for Cleo. Read several blogs that I follow as well as articles that I get emailed to me.
- 9:45am-Check Twitter and Facebook for any important messages r/t my blogs. Also, prewarn my granddaughter that TV goes off at 10:00am so she can do her school work (she has Reading Ladders, Addition, and Subtraction workbooks that she does 2 pages in each daily M-F.
- 10:00am-Granddaughter starts work in her workbooks. I keep myself free to answer questions and help her.
- 10:45am-Granddaughter finished work and plays with her Kindle and Elvis. I return to my computer and publish my new blog (written last night) for Susan’s Blog: The Inner Soul. Post link and promos for all three blogs on Hootsuite set to auto-send throughout the day until tomorrow. Send new blog to all social media sites that I work with including Facebook, Twitter, Tumbler, Google+, Stumbleupon, Triberr, Bloglovin, Delicious and several smaller sites.
- 11:00am-Answer comments made on my blogs since I went to bed last night.
- 11:15am-Go to Google+ and check each page (a page for each of my three blogs) and market each new blog post to groups that I follow for each blog. (Each blog has its own niche groups.) The three niches are pets and pet care, mental health awareness, and writing/flash fiction/poetry respectively.
- 12:15pm-Break for lunch (I’ve eaten breakfast at my computer-a Pop Tart). While granddaughter eats lunch, I put remaining dishes from moring in to dishwasher and start.
- 12:45pm-Return to my computer and again check my Gmail email account for new mail. Go on Facebook and Google+, Tumbler, Bloglovin, etc. to catch up on groups, news feeds, messages.
- 1:15pm-Granddaughter watching TV and I took a nap for about 45 minutes.
- 2:00pm-Spend some time playing with my granddaughter, iMessage my daughter with update about how day is going.
- 4:00pm-My daughter comes home with my grandson from work and my granddaughter goes to be with her mom now. I work steadily on my laptop reading blogs and doing research for next blog due. ( I write for each blog twice a week and my Creative Writing blog 3-4 times a week.)
- 5:00pm-Webinar with Canva and BuzzSumo about their website and making graphics and infographics.
- 6:00pm-Dinner with the family followed by dishes into dishwasher for them.
- 7:00pm-Return to in-law suite, feed cats and dog, and continue working on laptop reading blogs, articles, checking Gmail account, and doing research for next blog due.
- 8:30pm-Take a break and talk with my daughter and son-in-law after they have put the grandkids to bed.
- 9:00pm-Write this blog and am still going at 9:40pm.
- 9:45pm-Take my evening medications. Still left to do tonight is check Twitter, retweet posts on my #Susancfl area, send out Thank You tweets to my retweeter (about 30-40 people.) One recheck of Outlook personal email account. Also will turn off laptop by 11:00pm (whether done or not) and watch some TV, have a snack, let the dog out, play with the cats, relax and probably go to bed about 1:00am.
- Will repeat all of this tomorrow, unless the world ends tonight or I am sick.
That is quite a bullet point list. No wonder, I get tired and need a midday nap. It is a little hectic for me during the summer months because I am not only working on my blogs, but watching and spending time with my granddaughter. Do I enjoy all of this?. You bet. I like being busy and productive even in retirement. I love writing and wouldn’t want to do anything else. I learned one thing doing this and that is I am very busy with a variety of things to do each day.
What does your day look like? Do you keep busy?